AWFA has administered a successful Representative program since 1974, with teams ranging from U11 to U16. These teams have over 250 participants who are selected throughout a trialing process held during October and November each year.
Our Representative Program offers an opportunity for players to gain access to further pathways to continue their footballing journey, as well as having access to the best coaching and development in the Albury-Wodonga area. Our teams attend several tournaments throughout NSW and Victoria, including but not limited to tournaments in Bathurst, Geelong, and Shepparton.
In order to be selected for an AWFA Representative squad:
- A player MUST be registered to an AWFA-affiliated club for the season in which they are playing.
- Each player must be registered under the age group specified on 1st January of the year in which they are playing.
- A player MUST play in their age group unless special exemption is granted by AWFA Executive Committee.
Coaches and Managers
In order to be selected to coach/manage an AWFA Representative squad:
- A coach & manager MUST have a valid NSW Working With Children Check.
- A coach MUST have valid FA/FNSW coaching qualifications.